Tuesday, August 28, 2007

War Wound?

It was a dark and stormy night last night, the wind was slashing knives of hot rain...ok so I'm being dramatic(it was actually a fantastic night last night), but it really was an epic battle, I promise! I was dicing this ginormous onion with a very sharp knife and I had it in full retreat, but unfortuantely I wasn't paying attention to where my thumb was. I'll leave the details to your imagination( I'm not a big fan of blood either) but 2 bandaids and some time later I finished that onion off!

I know what you are thinking: "What a rookie mistake, only a moron would chop his thumb off cutting up onions." But I say to you this...you did not see that onion!

What can I say, I'm a rookie. But I'm proud of my efforts, and gladly take the wounds( to my digits and my pride) knowing that my meager cooking skills can only improve with practice.


ps. Those were the best sloppy joe's I've ever had!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can feel your pain! I often hack off parts of my digits. It makes me mad when I do it though!!
Mom L

Anonymous said...

mmm....sloppy joes