Tuesday, August 21, 2007

This is how I roll...

Not sure if you can tell but those cookies are VERY well done...
I'm just learning to cook. Well I used to know how to cook, somehow, though, after 4 years of eating at chow halls and restaurants, I've lost much of my touch.

Things I've learned since getting back into cooking:

Dave needs much work on his grilling skills...alot
Dave needs to remember to use pot holders
Daves dishwashing skills are seriously deteriorated
Dave has forgotten how to use knives without slicing his hands open
Dave wishes he was in a normal time zone so he could call his mom every time he has a question
Dave is not very good at improvising

There are many more things I have learned but I am slightly pressed for time. I will keep you all updated, though! If you have any pointers or recipes please send them my way! I always welcome ideas!

3 comments:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Uuuummm, did you eat the cookies?

What kind were they suppose to be?

Sounds like it's always exciting when you are in the kitchen! I was thinking of sending you some of the past issues I have of Cooking Light. Let me know if you're interested.

I don't know if the blog world can handle you....

-Andie

Mom L said...

And this from a woman who left cinnamon toast close enough for her 20 month old to pull onto the floor and spilled maple syrup all in one quick converation. Oh, and what was that on her blog about dropping a knife from the fridge top? Okay, she has two more distractions than you. Gotcha on my favs so now I can keep up with both kids real fast with my new high speed internet.
Love ya!
MOM

Anonymous said...

You should definately accept the Cooking Light magazines from Andie...they are great.

And trouble washing dishes? That just shows how long you've been living without mom for now.