Sunday, March 2, 2008

Where to Begin?


Ok, I know I said I was going to try to keep this blog thing going and I really meant it, I did! Problem was I didn't have the means to keep it going. I've been held back by a few small issues like...not having a computer, not having a camera, going to school and working full time, and getting deployed.

I know, excuses excuses, but I love them and they really are valid, for the most part. Now, as of yesterday, all of those excuses are invalid and the first thing I am doing is blogging so that should show my commitment was/IS for real, right? 

Updates are expected, naturally. Well here you are!

1) The big update! I'm back from Afghanistan!! I am back at Kadena and loving life, everything is so GREEN! I really had no idea how much I was going to miss the people and places, but the hardest part by far was missing Beth. I know we were lucky it was so short but it doesn't matter, no one should have to go through that.
View from the apartment!


2) Beth and I now have a camera and a computer that aren't ancient and actually work like they are supposed to! We bought an iMac yesterday after much consideration. I have to say we have been extremely impressed with the simplicity of Apple and its operating system! We have very high expectations and are pretty sure we made the right decision. It is a one piece computer so everything is built into the flat panel monitor so its a great space/clutter saver! I absolutely hate Microsoft and Windows and everything to do with that whole system and finally was fed up with it enough to do something about it.   

This is the iMac, its a 20" screen and you can see the CD/DVD drive on the side. The speakers are on the very bottom, and that is really all there is to it. The bottom picture is our iMac. 


3) My finger is doing better every day, it still doesn't have much feeling and I don't have full range of motion in it, but it is definitely healing up! I would post a picture of that too but I will refrain because not everyone wants to see that I'm sure. If you would like to see it I'd be happy to email you a picture, just let me know.

Thats all I can think of right now but I will be able to do this more regularly now so check back soon! I have a week off(last week didn't count because it was considered work time for in-processing) so that should give me plenty of time to get real bored with not working.  

2 comments:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Whoo-hoo!!!! You're baaaaack! Missed you.....

Love the computer! Looks great!
What a view you all have - gorgeous! I see ummm, a roof. Yippee! :)

-Andie

Anonymous said...

Whew! That is a relief to have a new post from you. I would like an emailed pic of your finger, if you don't mind. Love the view and the sleek computer! Wow! I'm totally jealous. Well, except for the paying for it part.
Love you-
Mom