Tuesday, April 8, 2008

(one of)The Purchase(s)!

I enjoy throwing darts! I find it relaxing unlike most sports or other forms of entertainment. That I am halfway decent at darts helps of course. Since I learned to throw dart I have always played with whatever darts I could get my hands on, I didn't feel like I was worthy to own my own set of darts or I couldn't justify spending the money on them because I didn't play enough. Really though it was just because the only place I tended to play, a japanese bar called Mets, had house darts that I threw really well. Unfortunately though those darts fell prey to wear and tear and are now all but extinct(I knew I should have swiped a set when they still had them, haha). The last few times I have played there I haven't been able to scrounge 3 of the same darts that I used to play with and have had to throw other inferior darts and that is just unacceptable. So I finally broke down and bought my own! We ended up paying about $100 for them, and I have high hopes for them! One of the first times I threw them I ended up throwing a hat trick(three bullseyes in one round!)! I will need to get used to them but I know they will improve my consistency which has always been my biggest struggle.




Ps. Sorry for the long absence, time flies so fast if I'm not careful before I know it I've not posted for a month but it seems like a week. Crazy how that happens...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A hundred bucks for a set of darts!? Yikes! I hope you continue to get bulls eyes or you might have red eyes!!!! I was so surprised to see a new post. It has been a long time since your last one! Ha! Good to talk with you yesterday!!!!!!
love you-
Mom

Anonymous said...

Have to admit, that is a LOT of money for darts...just hope you continue to like throwing them, AND get REALLY good at it, like good enough to HUSTLE, or something!!
Nice photos, again, you two! AND, positively LOVELY talking to you both BREAD MAKERS!!:)
Beth's ma (D)

Anonymous said...

Your little pinky....its all healed. I'm happy to see that.
Take care
Lynda

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave,
Mom and I are in /New Mexico with with your sister and bro.-in-law. By the looks of things on your blog, you are a bit busy with work and ALS. We will be back to Roc. the 29th. So, do well with school and give us a call sometime. Love, Dad